Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Keepin up with the Joneses


Well....I've come to conclude that my last name is Leavitt. Which means that I will never EVER have the nicest or the bestest or the hottest or the fastest or the neatest (you get the idea) of MOST THINGS. And guess what......I've decided that its OK. I have things that the Joneses can never possess so THERE! I have a great family who I love to spend time with, but this blog is really about my husband. Someone I love who is the VERY BEST! Pete and I decided that we wanted me to stay home as much as possible with our kids while they are growing up. We knew this would decrease our income and that we would have to make certain sacrifices.... WELL.....SOME DAYS I HATE IT!!! I love my kids, and I love being with them....but I hate it when my husband wants something and I can't just run out and buy it. Pete works his tail end off to provide for our family. He gets up early and goes to bed late. He comes home from work willing to help with dinner, the kids, or anything else I ask. He walks in the door almost everyday with a Pepsi or Icee for me. He is NEVER ornery. I wish that I could conjure up money any time we needed it, but as we all know it doesn't grow on trees. I do the finances in our family, and so when we have wants that we can't afford its me that stresses and gets upset. It's always Pete that tells me its going to be okay and that we will figure it out. I love this man and I am so grateful that he is MY husband. I LOVE YOU BABY!!

3 comments:

  1. Aren't we soooo lucky? You could have put Randy in everywhere that you put Pete and it could have been my blog post!!! I have a rant that's been festering for a couple days too.... watch out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I tend to stress out when I take care of the finances so Brice does most of it here. Moving by the end of the month because we can't afford to renew our lease here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post, Ty! I'm glad to know that Pete is so good to you.

    I stress about finances too, though it's been much, MUCH better since we started our own business. I just pray that the success continues.

    <3 ya! Kiss the kids for me.

    ReplyDelete